Music and Art, My Passion
My relationship with art and music reaches back to childhood. At age six I began formal piano studies in classical music. BUT– drawing also fascinated me.Growing up, I spent hours , designing fancy houses, as in a 9 year-olds design conception. I filled-up many sketchbooks with some good drawings, some not so great, and some throw away awful,
- Piano practice demanded more hours for national competitions and recitals.
- I Played do I want music or art ping-pong.
- Mastering Grieg’s entire Piano Concerto in A Minor seemed to set me on course to a future as a concert pianist,
- BUT I wanted a family. I began to think that a life played out on many stages while the applause might come, one must also leave the stage alone. Would it be the life of many faces looking back at me? Yet not be that one person walking with me on the stage of life?
- I began to study art seriously… fine art-drawing and painting
- Yet I could not pursue art and leave music behind or vice versa.
- I chose both disciplines, fell in love, married and raised our children. Happy!
- Studied Music and Art Long Beach City College, CA
- Studied Painting, Art Institute, Boston
- Classroom art and music teacher
- Sixteen years private piano lessons for students of all ages
- Studio art lessons, private art lessons, summer art camps for young people
- Piano performance, staff church musician, accompanist, event pianist
- Solo art exhibitions, group exhibitions, gallery shows, painting with purpose for cancer research.
- Paintings hang in private and corporate collections in the USA, Switzerland and France. One went to Japan, imagine that! Thankful!
- Advocate for healing art through to refocus and calm anxiety, work through and trials and grieving.
HERE IT’S SIMPLY ART
I HAVE A LOVE FOR PAINTING MOUNTAINS, THE SWISS ALPS, AND THE SEA. OFTEN THE HIDDEN STORY INSPIRES A PAINTING.