Art or Music? Music or Art?
My relationship with art and music reaches back to childhood. At age six I began formal piano studies in classical music. BUT– drawing fascinated me.Growing up, I spent hours , designing fancy houses, as in a 9 year-olds design conception. I filled-up many sketchbooks with some good drawings, some not so great, and some throw away awful.
- Piano practice demanded more hours for national competitions and recitals.
- Played do I want music or art ping-pong.
- Mastering Grieg’s entire Piano Concerto in A Minor seemed to set me on a path to a future as a concert pianist,
- BUT I wanted a family and life played out on a many stages seemed a solitary life-or so I thought.
- I began to study art seriously… fine art-drawing and painting
- I could not pursue art and leave music behind or vice versa.
- I chose in both disciplines. Happy!
- Studied Music and Art Long Beach City College, CA
- Studied Painting, Art Institute, Boston
- Classroom art and music teacher
- Sixteen years private piano lessons for students of all ages
- Studio art lessons, private art lessons,summer camp art for young people
- Piano performance, staff church musician, accompanist, event pianist
- Solo art exhibitions, group exhibitions, gallery shows
- Paintings hang in private and corporate collections
- Advocate for healing art
I HAVE A LOVE FOR PAINTING MOUNTAINS AND THE SEA – THE HIDDEN STORIES BEHIND MY ART WORK.
Pastel Society of NH * York Art Association