My Relationship with Art and Music reaches back to age six and the beginning of formal training to become a classical pianist.
Years later practice for national piano competitions consumed my time and art took a backseat. Studied piano performance Long Beach City College, CA
Returned East and decided to study art.
- Graduate Art Institute, Boston
- Classroom art and music teacher
- My life took a dramatic change when I met, Werner, my future Swiss husband while skiing at an NH Ski Resort.
- Spent six months in Switzerland planning our international wedding.
- And hiked the Alps with Werner. He always carried my sketchbook and pencils in his backpack.
- Thirty years into a beautiful marriage, I lost him to cancer.
- I used my art as one of the tools to face and walk through grief.
- A few years later I opened a music and art studio
- The next sixteen years I had the pleasure and honor to teach many students the mastery and love of music and art.
- Piano performance, staff church musician, accompanist, and wedding pianist became one of the big joys in my life.
- Solo art exhibitions, group exhibitions, gallery shows, and painting followed.
- Paintings hang in private and corporate collections in the USA, Switzerland, France, and Japan.
- Chateau Menetou-de-Salon, France, my 2004 winter sanctuary by the gracious invitation of Prince D’Arenberg at his ancestral home. A time to recover from the loss of my husband.
Chateau Menetou-d’-Salon, Oil on canvas- Private Collection